Add whirling wind action and a splash of color to your yard or garden with these fun-to-make wild birds! Hang them from tree limbs or stake them in your yard.
Set includes full-size patterns and instructions to make five whirling projects---Eagle, Hummingbird, Loon, Oriole and Bluebird. (up to 18" long)
Save time and money plus get professional-looking results by purchasing our Whirling Wing Parts Kit (#WGKIT10) available below. Each Kit makes 3 Birds.
Eagle - approx. 18" l
Hummingbird - approx. 18" l
Loon - approx. 17-1/2" l
Oriole - approx. 14-1/2" l
Bluebird - approx. 14-1/2" l
The wings vary from 13-1/2" to 18-1/2" in length.
Wood : 1-1/2" thick pine
(5) 5/32" thick finnish plywood (#FPLY516)
Saw: Scroll Saw
(2) #WGKIT10 (ONE PARTS KIT MAKES THREE DESIGNS)
(2) #PE108 - Eagle - 6mm yellow plastic eyes
(2) #PE151 - Hummingbird - 9mm plastic black eyes
(2) #PE151 Bluebird - 9mm plastic black eyes
(2) #PE138 - Loon - 6mm plastic amber eyes
(2) #PE151 - Baltimore Oriole - 9mm plastic black eyes
Paints: White primer (#PRIMQT) for a base coat and the following suggested colors of acrylic paint or exterior semi-gloss enamel:
2002 Antique Gold
2025 Burnt Umber
2027 Bright Yellow
2057 Quaker Grey
2072 Lima Green
2074 Ocean Blue
2083 Fire Red
2089 Navy Blue
2090 Hippo Grey
2445 Green Sea
Sealer: High-grade, non-yellowing, semi-gloss UV protected project sealer for outdoor protection (#POLYQT).
Click on the links below for additional product information.
Want to save money?
Sign up to receive our Email Newsletters. Two ways to save a month direct to your inbox!